October is here and with it comes a very special selection of tracks picked by Emily Hall, the marvellous and infinitely creative British composer. She won us over with her 2015 concept album/opera Folie à Deux, which was one of our Album Picks of the Year. So we asked her to put together a mixtape with some of the artists and bands that have inspired her and the stunning mix she sent us journeys through a myriad of genres and styles, with artists from the likes of Anna Meredith and Oliver Coates to Mara Carlyle and Lady Maisery. Enjoy!
- Anna Meredith – Something Helpful
- Oliver Coates – Another Day
- Mara Carlyle – How It Felt To Kiss You
[Ancient & Modern]
- Mesadorm – Drink You
- Olivia Chaney – Blessed Instant
- Mira Calix – The Stockholm Syndrome
- Kronos Quartet with Bryce Dressner – Little Blue Something
- Lady Maisery – This Woman’s Work
- Ties Mellema: Jacob Ter Veldhuis – Grab It!
- Oliver Coates – Tommib Help Buss
- Nadia Sirota – Etude No.3
- Laurie Anderson – O Superman
- Håkon Austbø and Olivier Messiaen- I. Regard du Pere
- Leonard Bernstein, Stephen Sondheim – West Side Story: Tonight