Intriguing, intense and compelling, ‘Quatere’ opens Mario Batkovic‘s outstanding self-titled album, released last year through Invada. The track is now being offered with an accompanying video. Watch it below.
The year is off to a wonderful start with our first mixtape coming from Bosnian-born and Swiss-based musician and composer Mario Batkovic, a virtuoso and adventurous accordion player. Mario dazzled us with his recent eponymous album, a beguiling, powerful and emotional work that ended up being one of our album picks for 2017. So we're ecstatic to unveil his mixtape, mirroring his array of influences, from classical and jazz to Balkan and experimental music. Press play and enjoy.
- Kaos – Plavo-sivo
- Rom Schaerer Eberle – Après nous le déluge
- Reverend Beat-Man – Don’t Stop To Dance
- Beak – Wulfstan II
- Karlheinz Stockhausen – Studie II
- Ligeti – Atmospheres
- Ludwig Van Beethoven – Egmont Overture
- Paul Barton: Domenico Scarlatti – Sonata in D minor
- Bijelo Dugme – Lipe cvatu, Sve Je Isto K’o I Lani
- Prljavo kazaliste – Crno bijeli svijet
As the year draws to a close, we picked our favourite Albums of 2017.